Click to view sub-menuMassage Therapy Manual Therapy Reflexology Manual Lymphatic Drainage ULTRATONE™
Traditional massage therapy is one of the oldest medical treatments in the world. 3000 years ago in China, massage was described as one of the four traditional medical treatments. It has also been documented in ancient India, Persia, Egypt and Greece. Only in the 16th Century was massage for medical purposes recognized in Europe.
Classic massage is the manipulating of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue using various techniques, to enhance function, aid in the healing process, decrease muscle reflex activity, inhibits motor-neuron excitability and promote relaxation and well-being. Reflex massage makes use of the reflex arcs of the body and can improve the function of internal organs.
One of the most common causes of tension and pain of the musculoskeletal system are the every-day stresses of work and life, mental tension and sports injuries. The main positive features of massage on the body:
- Loosening of muscular tension
- Loosening adhesions and scar tissue between the layers of tissue (muscle, skin, bone)
- Improved recovery after physical exercise
- Improving physical performance and flexibility
- Pain-relief and resilience, especially for acute symptoms
- Spiritual and mental relaxation and stress reduction
- Localized increase in blood flow
- Improved wound healing
- Stabilization of the immune system
- Lowering of blood pressure and pulse rate>
- Influencing the autonomic nervous system